Sunday, November 7, 2010

Tweet Tweet TWITTER!


What the hell is Twitter? 
I already consume half my life stalking the pages of facebook, twitter will only completely put uni on the bottom of my to do list. 
In the media, you hear all too much about twitter. It seems it’s the new easy story grab for newsmakers whereby they will stalk most of the celebrities by keeping up with all their updates and try and get something out of it. For example, Stephanie Rise got herself in hot water after 'tweeting' "Suck on that f--gots," "Probs the best game I've ever seen!! Well done boys." Honestly who cares! I don't give a toss, but apparently this tweet upset homosexuals having been called 'faggots'. Well no sorry, I'm not sticking up for anyone but a 'faggot' is actually a popular Scottish dish that involves the cooking of some animal’s insides.
When I use facebook, I get put off from people who update their status every hour or even often as that. I really don't care if you’re on a train now! Good on you!! But with twitter, that’s all apart of it. Telling everyone who follows you what you are doing. Why is this necessary? Go visit your grandparents or do something productive with your day instead of thinking of cool things to do to tell everyone. All these social networking sites make us loose touch of whom and what we are. 
The only thing I believe twitter was good for is what we talked about in class about the Victorian bush fires and how twitter played a role in bring up to the minute information on road blockages, fire direction and advice leading families to decide if they should flee or to stay.
Yes I believe twitter can provide valuable up to the minute information but just keep away from celebrities tweeting because who really cares what they are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment